Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tuesday 14th of August
















View from our office.


Afternoon update:
Francine - the old lady - is sick. All the other women are worried about her and asking us to get an ambulance. She seems to have cancer in her intestines. She was discharged from Edenvale hospital but is feeling bad again and crying allot. It's very dificult to watch. She kept thinking for a few weeks now that her family would come and take her home. Hasn't happened. I don't think it will. We called an ambulance. Still waiting

Meghan is taking Thambiso to the train station as we speak. He is sick (AIDS) and wants to go home rather then die in the park. We passed a hat around for a ticket and she will be putting him on the bus to Bloemfontein.

The Metro Cops came again. I wasn't there but this time they took all their stuff. Blankets... clothes... everything. Meghan screamed at the cops.

Maria and the rest hardly seem upset. They say this kind of thing happens all the time.

Evening:
Francine (aka bearded lady) got taken to jhb gen by an ambulance earlier. I will post as soon as I hear from her. I am a bit worried as to her being able to get hold of me

The guy with Aids should be in Bloemfontein by now. Meghan put him on the bus today

I didn't see Maria and company in their usual sleeping place on the way home. Worried!

OH and just off Oxford, while driving home We saw a c*nt in an expensive car hitting one of the lady-boys. Make that violently punching and throwing out of the car. We stopped, ready to kill but he sped off. I didn't get his numberplate. She was very shaken up and had a bruise next to her pelvic area. She asked to be taken back to Illovo, where after hugging me she went right back into the road as if nothing happened. As i watched this beautiful creature walk into the night, surrounded by other glamorously dressed in-betweeners - It dawned on me that this is the worst job in the universe, beyond what my mind will allow me to imagine.

I hate seeing people so used to horrors

This has NOT been a good f*cking day!!!

No comments: